The biggest operational expense in any fleet business is even more than driver expenses is Fuel expense. With the cost of fuel going high, effective fuel usage has become the most urgent and imperial task in running a successful fleet operation. Lack of fuel monitoring solution could result in serious business consequences and make a business less profitable. In most vehicle operations fuel expenses account for at least 32% of operating costs.
Fuel theft mostly occurs at the gas station when refueling is done. Gas station attendants collude with the drivers at refueling time. The fleet owners know that he cannot rely on the bills produced as it can be easily manipulated. To regain control over the losses, fuel monitoring solution needs to be implemented to track fuel consumption, estimate mileage and automatically send alerts on fuel refills, pilferage detection etc. Installing a Fuel Management System is the logical solution to optimize the expense and to reach fuel efficiency.
What is Fuel Monitoring Solution?
Fuel monitoring Solutions are designed to effectively measure and manage the use of fuel within the transportation and construction industries. FMS is used to monitor and track fuel inventories, fuel purchases and fuel dispensed. This information can be stored in computerized systems and reports generated with data so the fleet owners can access anytime they want. Fuel monitoring Solutions send alerts when refueling is detected or if there is a drop in the fuel level without vehicle movement. Alerts are also sent if the engine is turned on and vehicle is stationary. This ensures that the owner/fleet manager is aware and keeps the driver honest.
Features / Benefits of Using Assettrackr’s Fuel Monitoring Solution
AssetTrackr’s vehicle tracking cum Fuel Monitoring Solution uses advanced ultrasonic fuel sensors to provide accurate fuel readings. Fuel theft control is carried out technically similarly to fueling control. GPS tracking device installed on vehicle receives data about changes of fuel level in the tank from the ultrasonic fuel level sensor. User of the tracking device knows about the unauthorized fuel draining almost immediately.
Fuel level sensor works with our GPS tracking device to send live fuel monitoring data to our server. So that you can do real time monitoring of fuel volume and fleet tracking. Ultrasonic fuel level sensor is an advanced vehicle fuel monitoring device which is designed for the fuel management needs of company fleet. This sensor can detect the driver to steal fuel, optimize the operating costs, optimize the driver’s driving behavior and auxiliary statistical decision, etc. The sensor is equipped with a high precision ultrasonic probe, which can detect the fuel quantity in the fuel tank. Fuel quantity data will be sent to the server via GPS tracker, then generate the data report. Sensor support for serial output, so, it can be easily docking with other system.
Few highlights of the features offered are –
- High accuracy and remote tank monitoring : It keeps higher accuracy even in highest or coldest outside environment. You can check current fuel level reading from the web/smartphone.
- Excellent stability: Being different from direct-contact measurement, ultrasonic fuel level sensor adopts non-contact measurement, which can avoid pollution and corrosion from fuel and hence maintain stability for a long period of time.
- Easy installment and maintenance: You only need to install the sensor probe on lower surface of fuel tank. You don’t need to drill a hole in the fuel tank or change its original measurement. Its original fuel meter operates as usual.
- No pollution and lower consumption: This non-contact measurement and non-punch hole for fuel tank can keep off pollution from fuel.
- High reliability: It can still work in harsh environment and it is damp-proof, acid-proof, flame-retardant, anti-interference, and intelligent. This product can be used independently to check fuel level data from auxiliary display unit. It seamlessly integrated with GPS tracker which sends fuel level data to host computer for statistics data collection, and perform analysis and query.
- Fuel theft Prevention: Check exact amount of fuel refilled along with location and time. This helps the owner reconcile the fuel bills provided to him by the drivers. 24/7 monitoring of fuel allows detection of even smallest withdrawals from the fuel tank.
- Automated Alerts– Get alerts on your Smartphone on fuel refill / pilferage.
- Automated fuel accounting and reporting– Provides you with precise fuel measurements and customized reports for detailed analysis on fuel consumption and monthly fuel consumption report so that you can detect anomalies and eliminate it. Get fuel log & cost/km reports. There is no need to have records on paper anymore, all data will be recorded automatically.